Certification and Endorsements
Iowa Initial Teaching License
K-6 Teacher Elementary Classroom
K-8 Social Studies
B.A. Elementary Education, University of Northern Iowa, December 2014
M.A. Performance and Training Technology, University of Northern Iowa, May 2010
B.A. General Studies, University of Northern Iowa, August 2002, Cum Laude
A.A. Elementary Education, Kirkwood Community College, August 2000
5th Grade – Spirit Lake Middle School, Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Planned and taught daily lessons in Science and Social Studies to 5th graders in a 1:1 school using Chromebooks and Google Apps.
- Developed a card game for students to practice identifying invertebrates and vertebrates.
- Utilized Google Apps for student science lab journals, evaluations, and classroom work.
- Created student-centered exploratory lab exercises to develop students’ critical thinking.
- Created lesson plans aligned with the Common Core and 21st Century Skills.
- Wrote formative assessments using Google Forms and analyzed results to guide instruction.
- Created multi-disciplinary and differentiated lessons incorporating writing and art into science.
- Differentiated instruction for students.
- Attended grade level meetings and professional development on Google Apps.
4th Grade / Technology Integrationist – Okoboji Elementary School, Okoboji, Iowa
- Planned and taught daily lessons on computer programing to 4th graders using Code.org.
- Developed and implemented a custom gamified classroom management strategy.
- Team-taught lessons.
- Created a class website to assist with classroom management and as a communication tool for students and parents.
- Designed and created a set of 180 technology “word wall” cards to define technology.
- Provided technical support to students, teachers and administration.
- Attended building leadership team meetings.
- Taught mini lessons in classrooms for various iPad apps.
- Researched and explored solutions on how to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Attended K-5 grade level team meetings to help teachers integrate technology into lessons.
- Collaborated with classroom teachers with lessons that required technology.
East Elementary School, Independence, IA – 2nd Grade, Spring 2014
Price Lab School, Cedar Falls, IA – 7th Grade Science, Fall 2001
St. Patrick’s Middle School, Cedar Rapids, IA – Middle School Technology, Spring 2001
Owner and Graphic Designer – Z is for Zebra (2014 – current) http://www.zisforzebra.com
- Design and develop teacher materials for classroom use including lessons, classroom materials and graphics.
Assistant Instructional Designer – Kirkwood Community College (2012 – 2013)
- Taught workshops on embedding SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) quizzes in videos.
- Evaluated and redesigned faculty online courses.
- Developed materials, graphics and animations for online courses.
- Created documentation and tutorials.
- Developed an Android app for faculty to use in a course.
Instructional Designer / Technologist – AgrowKnowledge / AgPreparedness (2004 – 2011)
- Taught workshops to faculty on Adobe Flash.
- Collaborated as a team to publish various courses including, Introduction to Biofuels, Introduction to Precision Farming, and Introduction to Agricultural Biotechnology.
- Developed interactive learning objects for classroom and teacher use.
- Answered copyright questions, established responses, provided solutions and developed policy for issues regarding copyright.
- Distributed, designed, developed, and produced materials such as conference handbooks, flyers, newsletters and posters.
- Prepared reports for management on the statistical usage of the AgrowKnowledge website.
- Converted face to face training materials to an online course.
Technology Trainer – University of Northern Iowa Center for Educational Technology (2003 – 2004)
- Developed and taught training materials on various software / technologies to students and faculty.
Technology Experiences and Skills
Independence West – library and classroom; Indian Creek Maple Syrup Festival; Independence East – teaching coding; Okoboji Elementary Fall Fun Night.